Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Always Something There to Remind Me- books from my elementary and middle school years

I was reading some YA blogs and came across the book, Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later, which came out in 2011 and gives an update of where Elizabeth and Jessica from the 80s and 90s hit series Sweet Valley are today. I was instantly brought back into my elementary and middle school years when I read basically every Sweet Valley Twins and Friends, Sweet Valley High, Babysitter's Club, Boxcar Children, and Goosebumps books available. I just loved the drama of the Sweet Valley series (I always wanted to be a twin), the comraderie of the girls in the Babysitter's Club (I tried to start my own), how the siblings looked out for eachother in the Boxcar children (I was an only child for the first 12 1/2 years of my life and always wanted a brother or sister), and the suspense in the Goosebumps series (I like thrills of all types except now I have a hard time watching scary movies without freaking myself out at night).
Anyways, I found this great list of YA books from the 80s and 90s and wanted to share it with all you 80s babies out there. What were some of your favorite books during your elementary and middle school years? Maybe you will find some of them on this goodreads list.
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4403.Young_Adult_Books_from_the_80s_90s#290400

Oh, and to go along with the theme, here are a couple music videos from the 80s:
Kids in America- Kim Wilde


Girls Just Wanna Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper

We Got the Beat- Go Go's (This was my mom's personal fav)

No comments:

Post a Comment